Thursday, June 05, 2014


Hmmmm, interesting sky yesterday afternoon, looking north east.
 More interesting sky ... wonder what it means?  I knew it wasn't good ...

TERRIBLE storm, with TERRIBLE hail.  So loud I had to get to the basement, where luckily I found a window that needed closing, FAST!!  

Hostas (left below), done for.  Poppies, done for.  Trees (not pictured) many of them are shredded, especially on the north side.  Today, late afternoon, there is STILL a pile of hail on the north side.  

We are lucky NOT to be farmers - I am sure there was awful damage.  No tornadoes, fortunately, that we know of.  

8 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Glad you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hail is so damaging. Our daughter in SC experienced a similar storm last week. We were visiting her and the four of us were out shopping (sunny) and came home to golf ball size stones that had fallen an hour before in 93F heat and were still that big! Broke car windshields at the neighbors. Lots of damage... but it somehow missed her hostas. Go figure. Glad you were not out in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very glad you had a safe haven to run to. The flowers will come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I am glad you are safe and had a safe place to wait it out. (I started to use the old phrase, "weather the storm," but that just sounds weird. Did people actually say that!) Anyway, I'm sorry for the damage to your yard and to the farmers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ominous sky! I saw a picture of a farmer's crops in Kansas, post-hail. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure is an active weather season. NE Colorado had four tornados touchdown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elaine - hope you didn't have roof or siding damage with the hail. It is always interesting what late spring/early summer weather brings here in Nebraska.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you were not hurt in that hail storm. Sorry about your plants, though. Like your Hugs and Kisses quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.